Thursday, March 18, 2010

HDRI

Hey dudes. A friend showed me this really amazing website, HDRI lab. Basically, it's a software you can put in to your digital camera that produces HDRI images. You have to jailbreak it, which voids the warrenty (obviously) but... I think it's totally worth it. This site is awesome because it's all shareware, meaning the downloadable content is free! You can also control your camera via DS lite, iPhone, and various other hardware. And by control I mean like total control. You can trigger the shutter by sound, distance, sun/moonrise and others. This is pretty awesome for me because I was actually just formulating some ideas of different applications (since WB and all of that on your camera are essentially applications) that could be used to alter the input to the camera. Not necessarily to put a filter over the received image in-camera, but something else. I haven't gotten that far. I need to take a programming class. Why don't we have those at KCAI?

No comments:

Post a Comment