Monday, March 22, 2010

Matthew Pillsbury and McDermott and McGough

I was digging through my artists bank today and found some artists for you guys to check out--particularly Katy and Cory. Take a looksie ladies!




First off I thought Katy should look at the work of Matthew Pillsbury. They both have similar mini themes, dinosaurs, museums, dioramas etc. Their esthetics are pretty similar too composition wise--more in terms of Katy's earlier work.
Mostly, his work consists of long exposures in public places, museums, shops etc and the pretty extreme opposite, very personal places, living rooms, bedrooms and back-yards. His two more well known series' are Hours and Screen Lives.






I'm sure many of you have also heard of McDermott and McGough--nonetheless, I thought I'd post some of their work to gander at. I thought the work would be especially of interest to Cory, and her earlier vintage magazine and collage work. The sense of humor and use of colors are sort of similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment