Monday, September 27, 2010

Paul Kenny

I 'stole' the below text (if anything can be stolen on the internet) from 500 photographers. Paul Kenny's work is highly interesting to me on varying levels, including but not excluded to the similarities of what I was doing (and how he did it better) when I was working with dyeing and abusing sheets of film:
Paul Kenny, Great-Britain, 1951, makes photographs that are bright in color and mysterious. One has to look twice before noticing what the viewer is looking at. Kenny gathers materials from the beach and takes them to his studio. He arranges the "insignificant things" like dried seawater, plastic fragments, seaweed and beer can bottoms to get his final result. The following images come from the series Mull Works,Seaworks 3 and Seaworks 1.




1 comment:

  1. reminds me of this artist's work. Delicious!

    http://www.davidmaisel.com/

    ReplyDelete